JPA Design (2015 - present)
- Leading the development of a premium business class seat from finished prototype model to production with selected manufacturing partner.
-Concept generation and beginning to end support for numerous RFP’s of airline YCL, JCL and PCL with a purposeful focus on premium class interiors.
Lead Industrial Designer
General Electric Appliances (2010 - 2015)
- Solely responsible for leading the industrial design development and manufacturing efforts of eight unique product lines within Cooking, Ventilation, Refrigeration, Water and Air.
-Integrated work from cross-functional team efforts, collaborated with members of Consumer Insights, User Experience, Human Factors, Product Management, and Engineering, as well as local and international Sourcing and Manufacturing teams.
-Championed alternative methods of executing design intent within technical constraints of manufacturing, lighting, touch and UL regulations for innovative design solutions.
-Led a user-centered design approach to develop a unique cooktop interface that consistently ranked first in consumer testing and implemented in 35 unique SKUs with 78K annual unit sales.
-Managed the manufacturing, development and design process for Microwave products, including physical products and software development with GE teams in China and Korea. Efforts resulted in microwave products achieving the top 3 rankings of Consumer Reports for 2014.
-Designed and developed Connected Home hardware, collaborating with stakeholders in all appliance categories, as well as government and utility stakeholders. Devolved unique connected thermostat concept based on nationwide ethnographic research. Principal team member of US Patent US20130091567 A1.
-Led collaborative project for GE with the Cooper Hewitt Design Museum to develop a digital experience pen used by every museum visitor since 2015.
Freelance (2009 – present)
-Leading multiple projects both large and small from established companies and start-ups in Home Goods, Electronics, Transportation and fine art illustration.
-Leading the development from initial concept to final production for startup company Silk Lab’s physical product. Launching early 2016.
EXPERIENCE DESIGN INTERN
George P. Johnson (2009 - 2010)
- Collaborated with senior staff, developed exhibit concepts for auto shows, Motorola trade shows, DOW Automotive manufacturing demos, and Nissan LEAF pop-up events.
-Enabled GPJ to present to clients excellent designs for large environment concept projects based upon experienced knowledge and compelling story telling.
Industrial Design Intern
General Electric Appliances (August 2008 - August 2009)
- Worked closely with senior designers and researchers producing concept suites, full-scale renders and models.
- Managed multiple deadlines and presentations to leadership, while developing a strong fundamental understanding of manufacturing processes and human-factor requirements.
College for Creative Studies (2005 - 2010)
B.F.A. Industrial Design with focus in Product Design
Presidential Scholarship | Dean’s list
- Adobe CC (Excellent level in design, illustration and presentations)
-Solidworks (Advanced level in paramtric modeling, rapid prototypes, and
-Keyshot (Excellent level in concept visulization and marketing imagery)
-Markers and iPad sketching apps for quick ideation and concept generation
-Sketchup (Advanced level in environmental design and conceptual illustration)